Friday, January 8, 2010

A Festschrift For Me (Brag, Brag)

If you cannot brag where you co-blog, where can you? Anyway, a book has just been published, _Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics, Finance and the Social Sciences: Essays in Honour of John Barkley Rosser, Jr._, edited by Gian-Italo Bischi, Carl Chiarella, and Laura Gardini, Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer, 2010. Unfortunately it is very expensive. It contains papers presented at a conference held at the University of Urbino in Italy in late September, 2008, honoring my 60th birthday, which was in April of that year. I gave a plenary talk there (not in the volume), and they were very nice to me (the Italians know how to do these things right, :-)).

4 comments:

Myrtle Blackwood said...

I will try to get a copy, Barkley.
Congratulations. Quite an honour!

kevin quinn said...

Kudos, Barkley! Well-deserved -

Barkley Rosser said...

Thanks to both.

Brenda, probably better to get it from a library. The price is an outrageous $175 US or so. Ack! I have no control over such things, heck, I am not even in it as editor or author, only as honoree with a rather fuzzy picture, although the introduction says nice things about me.

Eleanor said...

Cool! Congratulations!